The Home Bakery was first opened in No. 2 Jocelyn Street by Annie Maguire, sister of Paddy Keelan, in 1953 as a branch of the Eimear. Paddy Keelan took over the running of the bakery when Annie passed away. 1958 saw the opening of another branch of The Home Bakery at 38 Clanbrassil Street.
In 1964 Michael Keelan son of Paddy acquired the freehold of No. 1 Jocelyn Street, the bakery was expanded and the entrance to the original bakery was converted to the present coffee shop.
The increasingly busy establishment was run by Paddy’s sons and daughter, Michael, Brian and Julia after his passing. In 2004 the remaining sibling in the business Brian Keelan retired and his daughters Deirdre, Caroline and son Rory took over the running of the Jocelyn Street premises and refurbished the shop and building. They acquired a new shop in Bridge Street (now located in Church Street) and also opened another shop in 2006 in Blackrock.